The ‘Province of Hampshire and Isle of Wight Masonic Charitable Trust’ (MCT) is the Province’s own charity, being funded from investments and supported by donations from Lodges.
The principle aim of the MCT is to provide support for members of Lodges and Chapters, their families and dependants in cases of need.
Applications for support will specifically be considered to provide a rapid, and one off, response to the following;
- Financial assistance in times of need and distress to Freemasons and widows of Freemasons, of the Province.
- Financial assistance when necessary to the children of, or related to, Freemasons of the Province, whether the Brother is living or deceased.
- Assistance to the funds of any Masonic Charities, as may be approved by the Trustees.
- Funding to support the access (disability) needs of Freemasons at Masonic Centres.
- Financial assistance for the activities of Amity Groups in the Province.
- Financial support to approved holiday schemes operated by the Province, as agreed with the Trustees.
To access support from the MCT, contact should be made with the Lodge Almoner . They will then pursue the application through the Area Almoner to the Provincial Grand Almoner.
It should be noted that;
- Any financial support will be means tested.
- Any award made will be independent of any other financial award given, for example, by the Masonic Charitable Foundation (MCF)
If a member, Lodge or Chapter would like to make a donation to the MCT then they can ;
- Simply send a cheque, made out to Prov Hants & IOW Masonic Charity Trust, to the Provincial Treasurer at the Provincial Office;
- Arrange a bank transfer to Lloyds bank – Sort code 30-90-34 Account Prov Hants & IOW Masonic Charity Trust -Ac No 28757768
* Please note that the fund is not capable of supporting Gift Aid payments